The following has been received from Cowes Combined Clubs and is repeated here for your information:
Dear CCC Committee Members, CCC Clubs and SCRA Council Members,
While the proposed development of a wind farm SW of the Isle of Wight, will have no direct impact on Cowes Week, we feel that it is important that all our member clubs are aware of what is going on and have the opportunity to input their views into the consultation process. You may already be aware of the information below but if not please pass this on to the relevant person within your club.
Eneco, the developer of the proposed wind farm to the SW of the Isle of Wight is holding public information days around the Solent which are aimed at allowing clubs to register their individual concerns and comments directly with the developer. These public information days will be held on the following dates in the following locations:
· Weymouth: Pavilion Theatre – Wednesday 16th March 2011
· Poole: RNLI Lifeboat College – Thursday 17th March 2011
· Newport, Isle of Wight: Quay Arts Centre – Wednesday 23rd March 2011
· Lymington: Lymington Community Centre – Thursday 24th March 2011
· Christchurch: Regent Centre – Friday 25th March 2011
· Bournemouth: Pavilion Theatre – Wednesday 30th March 2011
· Swanage: Mowlem Theatre – Thursday 31st March 2011
Eneco request that member clubs interested in attending one of these days should contact the Eneco press office on 0845 050 3700, email: or visit www.enecowindoffshore.co.uk
Apparently Eneco already has a copy of the RYA’s Cruising Routes Atlas, which illustrates the level of yacht cruising activity around the coast. However, the atlas does not include such a detailed analysis of yacht racing activity and it would therefore be of great value if any Clubs attending one of these days were able to provide the developer with information as to the level of racing activity in the proposed development area.