- Last Updated: Tuesday, 27 October 2015 16:55
SEAHORSE RATING LTD
For Company contact details including registration details & VAT number, see 'Contact Us' link in main menu
Terms & Conditions of website usage
Seahorse Rating Limited is committed to ensuring your privacy is protected. The information we require from you is used to provide the service you are requesting. We do not ask for any information other than that which is necessary to identify the owner and his/her boat when using this website. This policy is effective from 1st November 2011.
Seahorse Rating Limited may change this policy occasionally by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Information we collect
* Boat data
* owner’s name and address which will be printed on the certificate
* e-mail address
* day time telephone number(s)
* If you are a RORC Member (optional)
* Credit or Debit card details for charging fees which are destroyed after payment has been taken
What we do with the information we gather
* the information is used to process your IRC Certificate
* the boat data is used to update our data records
* listings of current IRC ratings are distributed to participating Yacht Clubs. This information does not contain the owner name or address
* Once an IRC Certificate is issued copies may be purchased by other parties, your name will appear on this copy but not your address
* Upon your written request we shall provide you with a copy of the personal data which we hold about you
In addition to the above, there will be an optional data protection tick-box:
* we may periodically give your contact address and e-mail address (but not telephone number) to parties wishing to circulate information on yachting & racing related subjects. Please tick if you DO NOT wish to receive such information at the appropriate prompt.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or e-mail Seahorse Rating Limited as soon as possible. The address can be found on this website. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure and to meet the requirements of Barclaycard ePDQ Merchant Services we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
ePDQ and PDQ Cancellation & Refunds Policy
From the date that the IRC Certificate is issued and for the remainder of the calendar year, there will be no cancellation other than following a review of a boat’s rating in accordance with the IRC Class Rules. If that situation arises any refund will be at the sole discretion of Seahorse Rating Limited.
Certificates will normally be valid upon payment of the appropriate fee from the date of issue and for the remainder of the current calendar year, however:
* If incorrect information has been provided to Seahorse Rating Limited and the IRC Certificate has been processed, there will be an Amendment Fee applied to correct the rated data.
* In circumstances where Seahorse Rating Limited has issued an IRC Certificate with erroneous information of its own making, a corrected IRC Certificate will be issued at no further cost to the owner.
Weighing/Measurement Services Late Cancellation Policy
If an owner or his representative cancels the weighing appointment, a Late Cancellation Fee may apply.
This will be charged at £40.00 if cancellation takes place within 48 hours of the appointment. Additionally, the carriage charges for delivery and return of the weighing equipment will apply if it has been dispatched before notice of cancellation is received.
ePDQ MyIRC Transaction Security
At the point when payment is required you will be connected directly to the Barclaycard Business host. Barclaycard Business will process the payment and provide you with confirmation and authorisation of the payment. Barclaycard Business will inform Seahorse Rating Limited electronically when your payment has been successful. Seahorse Rating Limited will not be passed your credit/debit card details.
If the payment has not been successful, Seahorse Rating Limited will not be informed. You will be returned to our website where you will be informed to make contact with Seahorse Rating Limited by telephone or e-mail.
Goods and Services
A full list of services can be found in the IRC Yearbook available in hardcopy or electronically on the website.
Delivery of certificates will normally be from five to 20 working days unless Seahorse Rating Limited cannot complete the IRC certificate for any reason. Owners will be contacted if further boat data is required.
If the Expedited Fee has been paid (2 x Fee) the certificate will normally be issued in five working days.
Certificates are e-mailed unless requested to be sent by first class Royal Mail. We cannot guarantee postal delivery.
All transactions will be charged in pounds sterling. A 2.0% credit card supplement will apply to credit card payments.
Seahorse Rating Limited based in the UK is solely in charge of processing the IRC Certificate applications made to it. No part of the process is subcontracted.